Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

Rain, wine and competition entries

Rain, wine and competition entries

This last week has seen nothing but rain and flooding (things must be bad if I’m talking about the weather!) this has meant very little in the way of photo opportunities and a lot more time editing the shots I took last week while having a little glass of bubbly.

Also this week I found out I came no where in a photo competition...disappointment ruled the day. I very rarely enter competitions as I am quite happy in my own little world liking what I'm doing without really seeking out any validation from anyone else...other than Flickr of course. However I see Flickr more as an online gallery of my work. Well anyway, the winners and highly commended were shown and I wasn’t amongst them. So, things I have learned; I need more patience when setting up a shot rather than click and move on; that I probably process way to much for the kinds of photographic competitions out there; and that it really doesn’t matter anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment