Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Now and the future

Just to explain a little about where my work is going right now.
I have been shooting local landmarks and nature and creating images that are a layering of multiple images. I have used images of peeling paint, rust and general decay and layered them onto the sights and scenery I see around me. I feel this makes my work different as for me it's about the balance between chaos and order, ugliness and beauty. It's about capturing light, composition, colour and texture. The layering process produces beautiful and innovative art which I feel communicates more than a factual picture.

The image of Blackpool Mirrorball is created this way and I do feel this is where my creativity lies.

In 2012 I hope to continue doing these pieces of work and also to try my hand at some more crafts. I have been interested in fused glass lately having seen what amazing results you can create from it and feel that it is certainly something I would like to try. It has also been a very long time since I drew and painted and again it is something I would like to get back into doing. As always time is an issue.

This is an image I created that really shows what I am about right now in my photo~art (it is also on Flickr).

No comments:

Post a Comment