Pages

Thursday 24 March 2011

Origami

You may have noticed on Flickr a group called 1000 Paper Cranes For Japan...the idea is simple. In Japan, it is commonly said that folding 1000 paper origami cranes makes a person's wish come true. I think that Japan really do need all our wishes and donations right now. There have been so many beautiful images posted of such wonderful origami cranes here so please take the time to go and look.

I have shot 2 cranes for the group and have to admit it is my beautiful daughter who is the origami expert and not me.

She has been making things from paper for a long time and has lots of different patterned papers to make them from.
She has always made things and is a very creative girl. She has made several little bunches of flowers for me all out of paper.
She is very gifted in maths and I think origami plays to both her mathematical skills and creative talent. I will see what other mini masterpieces she has made and take shots of them also.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are all so beautiful! The photographs and the origami....what gorgeous artists you both are!:) This cause is very close to my heart. Lovely post, Linda.

    ReplyDelete