Pages

Saturday 23 April 2011

Glasgow

I went away for a few days to Glasgow...the home of many architecturally wonderful buildings. I visited the Kelvingrove art gallery and museum when I was there which is the home to Christ of Saint John of the Cross by Salvador Dalí. It is a hugely impressive painting of oil on canvas and stands 205 cm × 116 cm (80.7 in × 45.67 in). I first saw the painting when I was in my teens and at art college and the impression it had on me has stayed with me ever since. Painted in only 1951 it has more of a renaissance feel due to the subject matter and the rich dark oils. It is an imposing piece.
Over in my Flickr stream I have given the picture a "Linda" feel and textured it and given it a different look...nowhere near as good or impressive as the original however.

















The Kelvingrove art gallery houses many wonderful works..painting and statues and over the coming weeks you will see a few chosen ones on my Flickr stream and over here on my Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment