Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Walks in the forest

As you can probably see I have been out and about shooting nature as the spring really takes hold here. I uploaded a colour version of ivy on the forest floor onto Flickr but I also thought it looked rather good in black and white too.

I have processed quite a few nature shots recently into b&w as I often feel the colour dazzles me and the shape and delicate forms are lost in the blaze of colour. That's not to say I don't like colour, because I do, and especially after a long grey winter! Just sometimes I like a change :) or even a combination of both....


I haven't done much uploading onto this Blog of late but I hope to add a lot more pictures and general thoughts etc over the easter weekend when I will be off work and have the time. There are a few areas I don't think are working too well and could be improved on....but as I said from the beginning I think this will always be a work in progress and as I learn and adapt to this challenge.

I have also added a new Set on Flickr called Tulips. They are my all time fave flower and I have quite a lot of shots of them so thought it best to pull them all together HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment